Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Email impressions

I don't think the Brits like email. Being nearly 1000km away, it's a little hard to get go and get information first hand by walking into a shop, office, hospital, etc. So I've been emailing different people and businesses frantically to get more information. Do they write back? Nooooooooooooo, of course they don't. Well, some do, to be fair, but it's honestly the minority.

I wrote to about 8 different real estate agencies who deal with rental properties in the area we are looking to settle in. I said what we were looking for and asked them to send me anything that might be of interest to us. How many wrote back? Two. Two out of eight. That's a 25% hit rate. What, don't these people want to earn money? And one of the two just stuck me on their regular email list, nothing specific for us. Sigh. This has been a frustrating aspect; trying to get information and either not knowing where to look for it or not getting any response once I do know who to ask.

And I don't even want to talk about the difficulty in finding out information about being pregnant and birthing procedures in the UK.

Oh yes, I haven't told you (the world) yet. I'm also pregnant, due in mid-December. We're supposed to be moved before then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they probably make more money from sales than from rentals so they're not quite so interested in you.... that's just a guess, though :)
D

ZeeBride said...

You're likely right, they do make more money from sales. However, the people we've talked to are all only responsible for rentals, no sales, so why the slow response?