Monday, September 25, 2006

No Time to Procrastinate

One of the things about moving so quickly is that we really don't have a lot of time to sit around and contemplate things. In a way that's good, it means there's little time to second-guess yourself and your decisions. But in another way it's very bad. I'm a terrible procrastinator, and there's honestly too much to do to leave it all to the last minute as I tend normally to do.

Today I'm supposed to be doing my taxes for 2005 and 2006 (don't panic, 2005 isn't honestly that late, the German tax office is a bit more lax about these things than other countries', believe it or not). Have I started yet? Noooooooo. I've frittered away the morning online. Although this post is also a distraction from my task, I'm hoping it will act as a record of accountability and that in a few hours I can edit it and say the taxes are done. It's noon here now, let's see how it goes...

EDIT 1 - 2 hours later and I have 2005 more or less done and lunch behind me. Hoorah!

No comments: